Canadian high school students are required to read novels and analyze and appreciate them, to develop the habit of appreciating literature, to increase knowledge, expand vocabulary, enhance analytical thinking, improve writing skills, and reduce stress, calming the heart in busy school.
8 Canadian high school students must read novels:
1. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. The Book of Negroes – Lawrence Hill
3. Catch 22 – Joseph Heller
4. Hamlet – Shakespeare
5. The Catcher in The Rye – J.D. Salinger
6. Lord of The Flies – William Golding
7. Of Mice and Men – John Steinbeck
8. 1984 – George Orwell
Every Wednesday at 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Or Every Saturday at 11:00-12:30 p.m.